Articulation Agreements: A How-To Guide

1.       Tell your Dean that you are looking at options for community college (cc) transfer partner programs.  Be sure s/he is in the loop.  Prior work may have been done on this program, and you need to be aware of this.

2.       Identify a cc partner with whom you would like to work. 

3.       Review their catalog to ascertain degree programs that might align with yours.  Rough out a degree checklist/course pathway for students who might transfer.  You can see samples in this section of the Provost’s page.

4.       Contact the coordinator or department head at the cc to see if s/he is interested in working on the agreement with you.

5.       Discuss and work through details.

6.       Send a draft copy to your Dean and the Provost and VPASA and Dean Horton, who is our Chief Articulation Officer.

7.       After everyone appropriate, at both institutions, agrees on the plan, finalize the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the partner. 

8.       Contact Cole Gentry, Director of Marketing to schedule the signing.  Generally, the signing ceremony includes the President, Provost, Deans, Department Heads, and appropriate faculty.  The signing can be held on the NSU campus or at the partner institution.

9.       Once signed, the copies need to be forwarded to the Provost’s office, attention Mary Margaret Shivers.  They will then be scanned and uploaded to the MOU page on the Provost’s homepage.